6-Port SFP Gigabit Ethernet Switch6-Port SFP Gigabit Ethernet Switch (TC3842)
Featuring a wide range of advanced networking features, the TC3842 is a 6-Port SFP Gigabit Ethernet Switch. It is compatible with both SFP optical and copper modules and supports 850nm multimode and 1300/1550 single mode. Three versions are available:
- TC3842-1: 6-ports for 1000Base-SX/LX SFP Modules
- TC3842-2: 3-ports for 1000Base-SX/LX, 3-ports for 100Base-FX SFP Modules
- TC3842-3: 6-ports for 100Base-FX SFP Modules
Advanced networking features include Rate Limiting, VLAN, QOS and Security. Rate Control gives users, especially data service providers, the ability to control or limit bandwidth. For example, rates can be limited to 96Kb, 128Kb, 256Kb, 512Kb, 1Mb, 2Mb, etc. Password protection provides secure user administration via SSHv2, SNMPv3 and other security features.
The TC3841 supports auto negotiation, Auto-MDI/MDIX and cable lengths up to 100m. Diagnostics include Temperature and Power Monitoring and Traffic Statistics.
Management is through Web Interface, SNMP, TELNET or Serial Console (via TC3840 Management Card). Configuration settings can be saved and loaded to simplify network administration, and firmware can be remotely upgraded.
The TC3842 interface card can fit into any available JumboSwitch housing options including 2S Standalone chassis and 1U/2U/4U card cages. Power supply options are 12VDC, 24VDC, -48VDC or 115/230VAC. Standard operating temperature is -20°C to +70°C and the extreme temperature version is -40°C to 80°C.
- 6-Port SFP Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Optional 3 Ports 100Base-FX
- Single Mode, Multimode, Optional One Fiber Bi-Directional Communications
- Ethernet Rate-Limit, VLAN, QoS & More
- Network Manageable Via Web (with TC3840 MGMT card)
- Temperature & Power Consumption Monitoring
- Extreme Temp (-40°C to +80ºC) Optional
- Meets or Exceeds IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, & NEMA TS-2 Standards
- Member of the JumboSwitch® Product Family
With its ability to operate in the harshest of environments and its advanced networking features, the TC3842 is the perfect solution for virtually all Ethernet Switch applications encountered in the Industrial Automation, Utility and Transportation industries. It is also used by Data Service Providers to control the bandwidths they offer to their customers.
- Standard1000 Mbps with rate control
- Ethernet Interface Connector850/1300nm MM 1300/1490/1550nm SM
- SFP Optical Connectors: LCStandard
- Loss Budget*
- Multimode @ 62.5/125um15db
- Single Mode @ 9/125um20db
- SFP copper module, RJ45F connector
- Bit Error Rate1 in 1010 or better
- CE, FCC Part 15, CISPR (EN55022) CLASS A, IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, TS-2
- Traffic Statistics
- ALM, Vcc, PWR (A, B), Link/Act, BP, MGM
- Optional24, -48 VDC 260 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption< 10W
- Hi-Temp-20°C to 70°C
- Extreme Temp-40°C to 80°C
- Temperature-40°C to 90°C
- Humidity95% non-condensing
- Height(3.89 cm) 3.89"
- Width(18.54 cm) 7.3"
- Depth(24.87 cm) 9.79"
- Weight(0.4 kg) 1.0 lb